Enter a world of perpetual spring! Replicating the cool and dry Mediterranean climate, Flower Dome showcases exotic plants from five continents which are displayed in nine different Gardens. Wander amongst thousand-year-old olive trees and unusual Baobabs as you take in sights of the Flower Field Display.
Local Promotion for National Day 2017 Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is applicable to the prevailing published Local Resident Rates for Single Conservatory and Double Conservatories, purchased from Gardens by the Bay’s ticketing counters. It is not applicable to tickets purchased online.
- Proof of residency is required upon purchase of tickets and admission to the conservatories.
- A maximum of 6 discounted tickets can be purchased per transaction.
- Admission ticket purchased is not refundable or exchangeable for cash, and is only valid on the day of entry.
- No claims will be entertained for lost, torn, defaced or expired tickets.
- This promotion is not valid for OCBC Skyway tickets, Garden Cruiser services, Friends of the Gardens annual memberships, and other offers and promotions.
Like a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis, Singapore has gone through a dramatic metamorphosis to become the vibrant metropolis of today. This year, the “Orchid Extravaganza” floral display tells the story of Singapore through the motif of a butterfly’s life cycle. Stunning orchids in myriad shapes and colours will fill a landscape depicting the stages of a butterfly’s growth, including a ‘Chrysalis’ structure in the main Flower Field.
Visitors can look forward to seeing orchid varieties such as Phalaenopsis, Vanda, Dendrobium, Grammatophyllum and many others. There will also be a sculpture of 52 butterflies - in celebration of Singapore's 52nd National Day - in the shape of Singapore. This floral display is put together by award-winning garden designer Peter Cheok, who has received numerous accolades for his works including at the Singapore Garden Festival and Ellerslie International Flower Show in New Zealand.
Designed with glass that sits on a steel grid which acts like an eggshell, the two Cooled Conservatories at Gardens by the Bay are the world’s largest columnless greenhouses.
With 3,332 panels of 42 varying shapes and sizes of spectrally selective glass, the Flower Dome is like a giant puzzle!
Share your Gardens’ moments with us on Instagram!